Who doesn’t love cheesecake? No one. And how many cheesecake recipes can you find out there? Too many! Strawberry cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake, cold cheesecake, easy cheesecake… so we decided to propose something a little bit different: our exclusive recipe for a Cantuccini cheesecake.
This is a unique and very yummy recipe that was created by our very own Ghiott baker! Think that at first he didn’t even want to share his secret with us… we had to ask for it for more than a month, but finally, we managed to get him to spill the beans (or the cheesecake…). So here’s how to prepare our Cantuccini cheesecake
Ingredients for the base (24cm-diameter baking tray)
300 g of cantuccini
100 g of butter
(this would depend on the dimensions of your baking tray, consider that it would always be 3 parts of cantuccini, and 1 part of butter)
Ingredients for the cake
500 g fresh liquid cream
250 g of caster sugar
120 g of vinsanto
150 g of yolks (about 7-8 yolks from medium or large eggs)
500 g of Philadelphia
- First, put the cream in the freezer and leave it there for at least 2 hours
- Prepare the base. Crush the cantuccini and add the melted butter. Cover with this mixture the base of the baking tray that you intend to use for your cheesecake, and put it in the fridge.
- Prepare the cake. Put the vinsanto and the sugar in a pot on the hob, and let them cook until their temperature reaches 121°C (if possible, calculate this with a cook thermometer).
- In the meanwhile, whip the yolks in a big bowl.
- As soon as the sugar and vinsanto mixture reaches the given temperature, add it to the yolks. Be careful to make it fall slowly and directly on the yolks from above. In this way, the mixture will fall as a ‘wire’ onto the yolks and not onto the bowl, and will not cool down. Keep whipping the mixture until everything has cooled down.
- Put the Philadelphia in another bowl, and blend it on its own so to avoid any clumps. Then add it to the mixture of eggs, sugar and vinsanto. Mix it slowly so to blend it to the other ingredients, and put everything in the fridge.
- Take the cream out of the fridge and whip it.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge and add the whipped cream in spoons, mixing it together with a movement from the top to the bottom. Ensure that you do so slowly. Once everything has blended together, put the mixture back into the fridge for 2 hours.
- Once this time has passed, take the baking tray with the base and the mixture for the cake out of the fridge. Put the cake mixture in the tray on top of the base, and put the cheesecake back into the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
As you’ve probably guessed, our trick is to keep the cheesecake as long as possible in the fridge; up to the very moment you’re ready to serve it to your guests. Even though, our biggest trick is using Ghiottini!
Cantuccini Cheesecake in a jar
If you don’t fancy the classic cheesecake, our Ghiott baker advises you try a delicious arrangement in glasses or jars.
To do so, you just need to melt some Cortés Chocolate and use it to make a layer at the base of every glass or jar. Then add a layer of cheesecake base (crushed cantuccini and melted butter). And then another layer of melted chocolate followed by one of cheesecake mixture.
Keep going in this order: chocolate, cantuccini, chocolate; always finishing up with the cheesecake blend. Decorate the last layer of cheesecake blend with some Cortès Chocolate chips, but remember to do so for every glass or jar!